Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 1: Anadama Bread


Anadama bread is a bread with New England origins. It has a cornmeal soaker and then a sponge that allows the cornmeal to ferment and develope the flavors. After kneading, rising, shaping and rising again you finally get your loaf of bread! It smelled really good while baking and the corn scent really came out. Can't wait to try it! The cooling is a killer wait!

Next week is a greek celebration bread....stay tuned.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. The loaves are beautiful! Wish I could sample it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to need to talk over hockey - I'm not nearly as crazy as you with some of the breads that you are attempting - but would love a good wheat loaf I can make over and over again so that I can stop buying store bought bread. :) Your advise will be MORE than welcomed...

    ReplyDelete